Friday, May 29, 2009

Today

With your long and tender hands you lifted it, careful not to break it. With your loving eyes you took your time to see how beautifully it was made, admiring all of its details.

I don't even know how long I had been watching the woman who had picked a flower from the trash can on the street.  Yesterday I had ignored her when she asked me for some small change, and I had recognized the bewildered look of someone who had escaped CAMH on Queen Street West. Today she caught my attention, and I saw the eyes and hands of an artist.

They say that one man's trash is another man's treasure. Let me add that one man's idiot is another man's artist and that one man's day is another man's tomorrow.

1 comment:

Maxine Schacker said...

I just discovered your wonderful blog! I hope you don't mind...for it is so personal I almost feel I am reading something written only for close friends. However, I enjoyed your entries very much an hope you have a very good summer.

Maxine