Wednesday, February 16, 2011

The Doctor is Dead, long live the Doctor!

Today I stumbled across the sad news that Dr. Sketchy's Toronto is no more. After four years of anti-art school in the famous Cameron House, the organizers have called it a night, and I learnt that the last session of 2010 was actually the last session ever. I had not had the opportunity to go there since last Summer, so this sad news had totally escaped my attention.

I visited the Doctor every now and then, more often during the summer, and less and less during the school's season, with classes on Monday night, but I always enjoyed to spend another night with totally deranged idiots. With Dr. Sketchy's, the Toronto art scene lost a bit of its colour.

So for now, Brett, Katherine and Brynne: thank you so much!

No comments: