Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Operational issues...

In early March, I sent the board of the Dovercourt Baptist Foundation a letter about the way the student residence here at New Horizons Tower has been torn down, while all complaints were answered with blunt intimidation; I asked them for a justification from a Christian perspective. The letter was intercepted by NHT management, who refused to pass it along.

Yesterday, however, I received a response which seems to have been signed by Michael Harris, president of the Dovercourt Baptist Foundation. Without even apologizing for the fact that the response is three months late, the letter states that "we consider this to be an operational issue and not a matter for the board, and as such you should direct your concerns to the management of New Horizons Tower" The response came to me as an email from NHT management.

It was interesting to discover that the response was directed at "Izak van Langevelde", that is me, while I only used a formal "drs. I.A. van Langevelde" in my letter. I sincerely doubt whether Michael Harris ever read the original letter. More to follow, I will keep you updated.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You were advised in April that your letter had been received and would not be responded to.

Izak van Langevelde said...

Three things. First, it was not until May 8th that my letter was responded to. Second, it was NHT management who responded, instead of the addressee. From a viewpoint of correct and respectful communication, this is poor practice. Third and final, I suggest you either respond openly, under your own name, or refrain from making public comments on this issue.

Anonymous said...

Be careful here, eezacque! A Church here is not what a church used to be in Europe. DBF is not exactly the charity you think it is: when it is about money, they can be quite 'straightforward'...

Izak van Langevelde said...

Starting immediately, anonymous comments on this thread will be blocked. If it is relevant for a larger audience, comment under your own name, if it is relevant for me, send me an email, if it is not relevant, don't...

DS said...

It's been a while, but did you ever get your $300 damage deposit back? We never did, and our (e)mail has remained unanswered?

Izak van Langevelde said...

I never got my deposit back ;o( When I checked out, front desk promised the check would arrive in a month or so. When it didn't come, I inquired through email, but Ken Sweatman bluntly barked "Zero chance. Go draw something" The man never had the guts to tell me so in person.

It once more confirms the Dovercourt Baptist Foundation is rotten to the core, and uses the church as a cover for the Sweatman family's money machine...

Da S. said...

It is interesting to know that the Dovercourt Baptist Foundation is being investigated for tax fraud!

Kat said...

Did any of you get your damage deposit back? I asked a few classmates, and still have to find someone who got her deposit back. Just wonder if anyone else asked Felisa Pastolero, I always thought she is a nice lady, and I cannot believe she is part of this scam? Is she still working there?